Sunday, November 28, 2010

weekend finds

This past weekend was one of the biggest shopping weekends of the year. Since I no longer have a little one at home that wants the latest toy, I don't do Black Friday. (I am not kidding.)  I cannot take the crowd, or the pushing, or the rudeness, and I really don't like to get up super early just to buy a $3 toaster.  (Now I will get up early for a flea market or a garage sale- I like the unexpected.) I spent my weekend with Mr. Brilliant tagging along. (He has learned not to second guess my purchases, but he still makes comments, which I allow only because I conveniently leave my purse in the truck when he tags along.) Here are some of my weekend finds.
A great apothecary jar, small mirror (wall of mirrors picture coming soon), mirror tray, small lamp ($1 :)) vintage fox fur collar. Please don't ask why I bought this (Mr. Brilliant was shaking his head.)
Actually it is a great Mexican dress. We are having a Christmas around the world program at school and a friend needed a costume.  I am assuming that some drunk American tourist just couldn't resist. (Hmm, I hadn't been drinking and I still bought it.) I don't think it has ever been worn. (Because she sobered up.) Speaking of drinking, many of you know I have been on the look out for bottles for my bottle tree and I have found some!! Now if the lady that I bought these from would just drink a little more, I could complete my tree!! (I swear I DID NOT drink all of those bottles of wine, but I do lurve the blue.)  It is going to look great in my cottage house yard. I bought the tree in Canton and wagged it about a mile to the truck.


I hope you all had a great weekend and a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Peace my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment