42 years ago today I was born. Two days before man had just stepped foot on the moon. A lot of things have happened in 42 years. I remember manual typewriters in my younger days. However, in high school I took keyboarding on an electric one! (thanks Mrs. Willoughby!) I remember when my siblings and I WERE the television remote. The only channels were 3,5, 8, 13, (channel 10 didn't count because it was educational tv-yuck) and if the wind wasn't blowing 24!! I am taking today to write 42 reasons to be thankful...(Thanks Christy..it was her idea..visit her blog...she has fab recipes and is very crafty!)
1. I have a mom that loves me unconditionally, cheers me up when I am down, and is a true example of what a woman/mother should be.
2. I have a dad that loves me unconditionally, makes me laugh, tells me like it is even when I don't want to hear it, and is an example of what a man/father should be.
3. I have 2 siblings that I know without a doubt would walk through fire for me.
4. I have a husband of 24 years (yep I was 17 years 11months when we got married) that works endlessly to give me everything that I want/need.
5. My mother in law is the best ever!! She is supportive and loving!
6. I only have one child and my what a blessing he has been to me!
7. I can walk.
8. I can talk.
9. I can hear.
10. I can drive. (I love to go!)
11.I have a job.
12. I have good health.
13. I can read.
14. I can type with all my fingers!
15. I know God!
16. He knows me!
17. I have a home.
18. I have real friends of all ages and races.
19.I have a car.
20. I get to work with disabled children.
21. I have a cabinet and freezer full of food.
22. I have lots of shoes that I love and they feel good on my feet.
23. I have a closet full of clothes of various sizes to fit me in my never ending weight battle.
24. I have and always will have a weight battle. (yes this too is a blessing)
25. I can play two instruments.
26. I have a sense of humor.
27. I don't have to shave my legs very often. (Indian blood which also gives me a good tan but I do have to pluck the brows often...what's up with that??)
28. My ears aren't too big.
29. I have the sweetest nieces and nephew.
30.I can smell. (some people can't- don't laugh- Can you imagine not being able to smell brownies in the oven, fresh flowers, your grandma's perfume, kids that smell like wet dogs, or stinky feet?)
31. I am a mom, wife, daughter, sister, and a teacher but have also been a radio announcer, grocery cashier, stock person. cabinet sander, tutor, consignment store owner, ebayer and junk seller extraordinaire.
32. I have been to Nevada, Arizona, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, New York, New Jersey, Illinois, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Iowa, Missouri, Kentucky, Indiana, Oklahoma, D.C. , Virginia, Ohio, Alabama, North Carolina, Kansas, Maryland, and Mexico (as far from the US as I want to go except maybe Canada)
33. I graduated high school.
34. I graduated college in 5 years. (while married and with a baby)
35. I am half way finished with my master's degree.
36. I look good in a hat. (okay my opinion only but hey it's MY blog)
37. I consider myself crafty.
38. I have a laptop and can blog from my comfy chair.
39. I live in a great country.
40. I have indoor plumbing with running water (hot and cold)
41. I have central heat and air.
42. I have a blog that I can ramble and post randomness all I want!
43. I get to pay taxes....(okay I lied and I said 42 reasons)
I could actually go on and on but I won't bore you anymore!
Gee it is good to be me....don't be J....just make a list of YOUR blessings/accomplishments... Happy Birthday to me! Peace my friends.