Thursday, November 4, 2010

drab to fab

I have a few more road trip posts, but I am going to have to wait until the weather clears a little to share some of my other finds.  Soooo, today I am going to show you a little project that I finally got finished a few months ago.  This is an old wardrobe/dresser that was at my aunt and uncle's home. (a garage sale find)  My uncle decided he was tired of all the junk and started (hold your breath here)burning a lot of stuff.  By the time my aunt got to him he had already burned two of the drawers. There it sat in her storage minus 2 drawers and when I saw it I instantly thought it would be a great display piece for my junk treasure store.  Mr. Brilliant fixed the part where the two drawers were so that I could put my little TV/DVD combo in there.  Sounded like a good idea, but when I went to put the TV in the space wasn't big enough.  Anywho..after a couple of cans of black spray paint and some fabric, here is the result. I also guess you can see it ended up at my shabby chic cottage. There is no closet in this room , so it turned out to be functional as well. 



I painted these other pieces black also.  The headboard came with the house and the side table was a $7 flea find.  Funky artwork came from various places and the lamp was a $3 garage sale find, I painted the shade. I am not finished with this room but here is what it looked like before......
Yep it is the same room. BTW I am NEVER going to paint a room red again.(Sh!! don't tell Mr. Brilliant because I just HAD to HAVE this color.)  This was the paint from u-know where.  UGH.  It did turn out nice, but was probably a little too dark for this room that only has this door leading to the deck.  (no windows)  I still lurve it. Enjoy the pics.  Peace my friends! Linking up to a great party where people are sharing decorating ideas for  boys bedrooms. Check it out:
cottage instincts
Also, linking up to junk to jewel transformations at
Funky Junk Interiors

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a change....I love the red (so would one of my daughter's who just painted her first apartment bedroom RED). The black furniture is perfect with the red, and I especially love that antique bureau....everything looks great! Thanks so much for linking to my party :)

    ReplyDelete