Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Making it happen

Seriously, how do people do it....women with careers, families, and great hobbies?  It seems as though I can never find the time or energy to juggle everything and make it all come out like I would like.  I need someone to constantly push me.  I have a bazillion ideas zooming around in my head and it seems like as soon as I get one thing started another idea pops up and I will start that too, without finishing the first. (Kinda sounds like ADD, and I am qualified to do that assessment, just not give myself a formal diagnosis.) My husband, Mr. Brilliant is soooo not like me.  He will start something and is almost obsessive about getting it finished.  This is why I lurve him.  He keeps me sane (most of the time), pushes me to finish projects, but most of all he is never afraid to try a new business venture.  A recent post on Funky Junk Interiors (a blog I lurve) asked what is holding you back.  After reading, thinking, and after some of the days I have recently had at my "real" job I know what holds me back from doing things I really want to try.  It is fear.  Plain and simple. I am not sure where the fear comes from except maybe that I might become homeless, starve to death, have no retirement, no insurance, etc.. you get the picture. After a sweet email from Donna at Funk Junk Interiors  I have decided it is time to no longer be afraid. I don't want to spend another day on this earth wondering what might have been or if only.  I have decided  I should at the very least say I tried. Yep it is time to seize the day. Follow up post coming soon....But in the meantime I am going to post my favorite holiday/party recipe and am linking up to Funky Junk Interiors Holiday Recipe party. 

Spicy Pretzels

1lb bag of pretzels (I like the small twists)
1 envelope of  Hidden Valley Ranch  dry seasoning (or dip mix)
3/4 cup of oil (I use Canola)
crushed red pepper flakes (as much as you like)

You need a very large air tight container.  First mix the oil, seasoning, and red pepper flakes in the bottom of  the bowl....


 Then pour in the pretzels and stir to coat the pretzels.


  Put the lid on your container and turn the bowl upside, then right side up every so often for about 2 days.



  Then try not to make yourself sick from eating too many!!

Now on to more randomness
remember this post about the funky chair.  Now the chair has a funky friend...the hanging domino table (aka the table that I dropped twice and broke twice).  I bought this in Canton but I neglected to get the ladies card. She had some really cool stuff.  I knew right away the table was a perfect mate for the retro chair.  It fell out of my wagon on the way to my truck and I lost a few dominoes.  Then when I got home I dropped it again!!(of course I was trying to carry too much so I wouldn't have to go back to the truck..don't ya hate that!..cause you always break/drop/or something rolls under the vehicle when your hands are full.)  The second time it was a total loss. The top fell off, chipped the edge, and lost some more dominoes.  UGH! I so lurved this table and was about to cry.  Mr. Brilliant came to the rescue and here it sits.... the perfect couple.

Yep it is funky!!I wish I could take credit for making this, but I just can't.  However, I am a terrific finder!! 
Now other randomness.... remember the wall of mirrors I keep mentioning? Here is the work in progress:
I was inspired by this blog  http://vintagerevivals.blogspot.com/2010/08/great-wall-of-mirrors.html   Hers is on a much larger scale. I had to tweak to my small room.  I am sooo in lurve with hers though!!                              
Other randomness coming soon....Peace my friends!

Linking up to

2 comments:

  1. Hey lady!

    Gosh that is crazy! Your mirrors are so eclectic I love it! The one on your nightstand is so cool too! Thanks for letting me know!!

    love your guts
    mandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! I can't wait to hear what you're up to and what you're about to accomplish. :)

    Those pretzels sound awesome. They're a common snack around here but you jazzed them up immensely. Cool!

    Thanks for the kind words. Now get to work! :)

    Donna
    http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete