Thursday, December 30, 2010

Coming up in 2011

Do you make new year's resolutions? Do you keep them?  Do you go back at the end of the year and review?  If  I did make any resolutions last year, I don't remember them and I didn't write them down.  However, since I am an Oh-ficial blogger I have a place to write them down and review them.  I have decided not to call them resolutions.  The word resolution comes from the word resolve, which makes me  think of problems, which makes me feel negative. Sooooo I have decided to write my "goals" for 2011.  It is kind of scary to write them down for others to see, but hey sometimes it takes me a few eyes over the shoulder to get myself  in gear. 
 Goals for 2011 (I am sticking with 3) and the steps to meeting these goals.
The first one is not new to anyone but considering my health issues the past 6 months, my first goal is to (surprise)
#1 Get back to my ideal body weight
   How am I going to do this?
        * attend my weekly WW meetings (weight watchers) and follow the plan
        * walk on my treadmill/ or outside a minimum of 20 minutes per day
        * brown bag my lunch during the school week  (and how about this funky junk lunch box, I think my friends might wonder about me, if they don't already)
That eyeball is a little creepy.



My second goal is something that (along with the weight issue) I have struggled with all my life...getting and staying organized.  I think the stress of procrastinating also contributes to some of my recent health issues. Therefore I am going to become an
#2  Anti-procrastinator
     How am I going to do this? I don't know... I'll think about that one later! (just kidding)
     * work on  a daily schedule and stick to it. ( I don't know why but Eat, Pray,and Love comes to mind here and I haven't read the book or seen the movie.) My schedule must include a time to pray, a time to eat (refer back to goal 1),  and a time to do things I love. Hmmm, something is missing.  Oh yeah! It must also include a time for my serious work.(Um you know the one I get paid to do.)  It can't just be all about me. When I get all about myself, that's when I procrastinate and things get all messy and stressy. Ok, enough self analysis...
     *I am not going to allow myself to start another project until recently started projects are either purged or finished.  ( I'll be working on that list in a bit.... not procrastinating now, just can't do this and that at the same time.)

Time to purge this project...cause it ain't happening...(it will probably end up in #3)
      Last, but not least is something in which I have become more and more interested. I am going to expand my love of thrifting, garage "saling" and flea marketeering into areas other than just my occasional treasure store sale. So I am going to .....
#3  Expand my business
 How will I do this?
I will be opening an Etsy store focusing on vintage items. (Etsy store opening projected date January 31st, 2011)  Don't worry I will post the grand opening.  Although, I currently list items on Ebay I am committing to listing 2 items per week. This week I have 4 items listed. (yay me!)

Whew!! I am tired now!  However,I can't forget I am also taking the thrift pledge in 2011.

2 comments:

  1. Great goals. You know I'm excited about number one because you are a great contributor to our WW meetings! Everyone seems to like the new Points Plus and they are LOSING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All excellent goals- good luck meeting them in 2011! :)

    ReplyDelete