Monday, October 18, 2010

I got framed!!!!

Okay, so I didn't get framed, but I've got frames that I want to share with you! First,  I have already mentioned that I have been working on decorating my getaway cottage.  Also, I told you that I had some things of my grandmother's that I had reinvented. Sot the first project was a combo of the two. I was able to keep some of my grandmother's costume jewelry (if I forgot to mention my kids at school call me Ms. Bling) and incorporate it in my shabby chic decor.  I found the oval frame which already had a puffy backing covered in pink velour and it was only $1.  Then I cut an old black t-shirt and tucked it inside the frame to cover the pink.  It made a nice background to show the jewelry. I added a few pieces of mine for  balance.  I placed another frame (25 cent yard sale find) around the outside and there you have it. It was a very simple project and has turned into one of my favorite projects to date.

Next, my other frame project is a baby gift for some friends. I guess you can already see that I am  fond of frames.  First,  I sprayed the frame a color called watermelon, slightly distressed the edges, hot glued in the ribbon and added the hair bows. There you have it!  I thought it turned out very cute and I hope they like it!!
I am thinking I may do a wall of frames in one of the bedrooms.  Hmmm... I am working on linking up to other blogs!  Cross your fingers!Peace!
cottage instincts

No comments:

Post a Comment